Svend & Angela – Santa Barbara Magazine
A few months ago I had the privilege of shooting the wedding for two very dear friends of mine, Angela Hudson & Svend Lerche.
It was a four day long non-stop extravaganza of good times up on the Santa Barbara coast. Here are a (very tiny) few of my favorite highlights from the weekend:
- Svend's 50 person clan in full attendance all the way from Denmark. Amazing people.
- Katy Perry (Angela's sister and "Gingermaid of Honor") blazing down Main Street in Los Olivos on a tricycle decked out in full cowgirl garb
- Evan Robinson of Elektrik People bringing the wedding crowd to standing ovation during a family-style outdoor concert on the campground lawn
- Zachary Levi silencing everyone immediately after with one of the best renditions of "My Funny Valentine" I might have ever heard
- Ran Jackson from The Daylights leading the impromptu superband in a trainwreck version of Toto's "Africa" (Svend's not-so-guilty pleasure) to wrap up the night that had me in tears laughing
- Probably the most immaculate, vintage fairytale wedding ceremony & reception you could imagine
- My friend Walter ripping his pants rear end to knee on the dance floor during the FIRST song
- A midnight taco truck complete with mariachi band playing ALL the favorites
9 locations, 100 people, 3 nights, and 8,000 images later, my feet were so tired I could barely stand. In the end though, it will be one of my favorite memories for years to come.
I'm very excited to be able to share a couple of the wedding images I shot that were recently published in the Fall 2012 issue of Santa Barbara Magazine which is currently on newsstands if you're interested in checking the printed edition out. Svend & Angela were gracious enough to let me share a few other scenes from the weekend as well.
Hope you enjoy!
Here's the original bridal party shot as well with Ricky & Ran from the Daylights along with a couple other friends who didn't quite make the printed version.